- Permanent role working with the peak body for the Australian union movement, defending and advancing workers’ rights.
- Exciting role that will contribute to creating powerful narrative regarding the role and importance of unions.
- The ACTU is an organisation that respects cultural and social diversity within the workforce and the community. Women, ASTI and people of colour are especially encouraged to apply.
The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) is the peak union body representing over 1.5 million workers and their families.
Since its creation in 1927, the ACTU has spearheaded some of the most fundamental workplace struggles in Australia’s history.
The ACTU’s role as a peak body is to be a national voice for our movement and defending and advancing workers’ rights by co-ordinating union campaigns, representing workers at a range of government and non-government forums and to provide industrial, policy and other support to our affiliates.
The Content Officer (Growth Engagement) sits within the Growth Work Group, and is responsible for planning, managing, and producing a wide range of content that engages future and existing member. You will produce compelling content that creates a powerful narrative regarding the role of unions and union membership in improving the lives of working Australians.
The Content Officer will work with other team members and external creators to develop, and plan written and multimedia content for channels including the Australian Unions website, podcasts, Youtube, Tiktok and email newsletters.
The Content Officer (Growth Engagement) will also contribute to building the Australian Unions brand through our online presence and use analytics and data to develop and refine our content plans.
- Coordinate and implement content production for Australian Unions digital and other channels that supports our growth objectives, as well as our movement’s campaigns, events, services and other activities.
- Working with a team of graphic designers, videographers, and digital specialists, formulating and implementing cross-platform content strategies.
- Manage the daily and weekly activities of external content creators to create high-impact content that contributes to membership growth, increased engagement, and member retention.
- Using analytics, monitor content engagement levels and effectiveness, and make content recommendations based on this data.
- Research and develop content across a range of topics that are relevant and engaging for audience growth segments.
- With colleagues in the Growth and Campaign Work Groups, create and maintain a content calendar.
- Publishing content on Australian Unions website, ensuring content meets best practice digital publishing standards, including current SEO standards.
- Produce other communications materials and digital content as required.
- Stay abreast of current best practices in written, graphic and multimedia content creation, including SEO and related practices.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to create fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the ACTU’s growth objectives and the Australian Unions brand identity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of news judgement and editorial quality, with excellent organisational and time management skills, an ability to build strong relationships, and an ability to work under pressure and to deadline and brief.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content production and industry trends.
- Experience with Wordpress, and other content creation, management tools such as Moz, Google Analytics etc.
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks.
- Qualification in communications, writing, marketing, multimedia or similar discipline, or relevant experience.
The ACTU is offering a salary for this role between $85k - $90k, based on skills and experience, along with 15% superannuation and generous leave arrangements.