Activ is the largest registered NDIS provider to people living with intellectual disability in Western Australia. Established in 1951, we have a proud history of supporting people living with intellectual disability to reach their goals, achieve their dreams and break through barriers. Today we support people living with intellectual disability and their families offering a range of person-centred services and supports including accommodation, community, education and employment. We are committed to supporting our customers towards greater independence. We are looking for diverse and talented people with passion to join us today and support our customers on their independence journey.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity exists at our Kalgoorlie Depot for a pro-active person who is keen to invest in their own development and that of the team they will lead. Property Care operates a parks and gardens maintenance operation to various commercial enterprises and government departments. This is a fixed term (12 months) full time, hands-on role responsible for ensuring the development of supported employees whilst meeting contractual obligations.
Key duties include:
- Lead a small team of supported employees to achieve outcomes for our commercial grounds maintenance contracts including turf mowing Irrigation, garden maintenance and landscaping;
- Encouraging and supporting employees by developing skills and knowledge in the horticultural field;
- Assisting and working collaboratively with management and peers in planning and strategising individual person-centred plans to supported employees to achieve employment and aspirational goals;
- Establish and monitor safe work practices onsite, recording and implementing strategies for any unsafe practices or potential situations;
- Liaise with customers in regards to contract specifications to ensure products and services meet their expectations;
- Maintain records regarding work area and employee attendance/activities and machine maintenance; comply with systems for materials purchasing, job sheet completion.
What you need:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships;
- Commercial garden/grounds maintenance experience with knowledge of horticultural maintenance equipment;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to use initiative;
- Demonstrated customer relationship building and report to comply with contractual obligations;
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices;
- Current Western Australian licence essential - LR license highly regarded;
- Sound computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office packages;
- Cert III in Horticulture or Individual support, or similar, will be highly regarded;
- A working with children card or the ability to obtain one.
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to be part of a supportive team culture
- Opportunity to develop your leadership skills
- Progress your career using professional training provided
- up to $15,900 salary packaging options
How to apply
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date.