- Member for Kurrajong Rebecca Vassarotti - Minister for the Environment, Minister for Heritage, Minister for Homelessness and Housing Services, Minister for Sustainable Building and Construction
- Member for Murrumbidgee Emma Davidson - Minster for Mental Health, Minister for Disability, Assistant Minister for Families and Community Services and Minister for Justice Health
ACT Greens Ministers Rebecca Vassarotti and Emma Davidson are each seeking applicants for Chief of Staff to coordinate their office and provide high-level policy and political advice.
The role includes strategic advice on and coordination of the Minister’s portfolio and political responsibilities. Your ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and work with limited supervision in a dynamic environment will be critical to your success in this role. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and be a good communicator. An understanding of parliamentary processes and the ACT political system would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies.
- Staff management and team coordination to ensure portfolio, political and constituency and Assembly sitting responsibilities are met. This includes Cabinet preparation, Assembly business planning and coordination, ACT Budget preparation, constituent and stakeholder liaison coordination, and ensuring appropriate distribution of workload between staff members.
- Undertake high-level liaison on the Minister’s behalf with other ministers, MLAs and their offices, senior government executives, Assembly staff, party representatives and industry and community stakeholders.
- Provide timely advice to the Minister on high level, sensitive and complex issues.
- Provide overall coordination of office, policy development, and communications processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot internal and external issues as necessary.
- Set priorities amongst a large number of competing issues.
- Monitor implementation of the Parliamentary and Governing Agreement.
- Develop briefings and other papers on relevant political and policy matters as required.
- Ensure ACT Greens principles and policies around ecological sustainability, social justice, peace and non-violence and grassroots participatory democracy are being implemented appropriately.
- Other duties as directed.
- Strong team management and coordination experience
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem identification and solving skills
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems, legislation and/or the ACT political system
- Experience or understanding of community or campaigns sector.
The positions will be available from January 2021.
The roles are for the term of the Government and are Legislative Assembly Members Staff - Senior Advisor Level 2 tier 1 position at $146,368 plus superannuation and 9.5% loadings in lieu of overtime and Long Service Leave.
The successful candidates will be engaged under a Legislative Assembly Members’ Staff contract, and other terms and conditions of employment are governed by the ACT Legislative Assembly Members’ Staff Enterprise Agreement 2018 – 2021. They are not ACT Public Service positions.
Applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
The roles are based in the Legislative Assembly, however, given the need for a COVID-safe work environment, flexible arrangements will be supported where possible.
Please contact Indra Esguerra on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Chiefs of Staff to ACT Greens Ministers enquiry via EthicalJobs, or 6205 8500 for more information.
A position description is attached.