Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and preschools designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are looking for an experienced Therapist to join our Sexual Abuse Counselling (SAC) team based in Rockhampton. This position is full-time, fixed term until 30 June 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond June 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
This position will work with children, young people and families where sexual abuse and/or harmful sexual behaviours are impacting on the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Provide an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families who are referred to the Rockhampton Sexual Abuse Counselling service.
- Deliver quality trauma informed, developmentally sensitive and culturally safe counselling and support to children and young people who have experienced unwanted sexual contact.
- Deliver quality trauma informed, developmentally-sensitive and culturally safe counselling to children and young people 10-17 to address harmful sexual behaviours.
- Encouraging and strengthening supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhancing psycho social outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health, Psychology, Counselling or Social Work, or relevant field.
- Where applicable, registration with the appropriate Board under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Membership of a relevant professional body eg. Australian Psychological Society, Australian Association of Social Workers, Australian Counselling Association.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $87,577 - $91,439 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement…
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Selena Payne on 0418 459 316 or Selena.Payne@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: Therapist - Rockhampton enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.