Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job:
The Program Coordinator for SafeKIDS will join a professional, compassionate and friendly team based at our Cairns office in Bungalow. The role is full time and fixed-term until 31 December 2023.
Working with the SafeKIDS program your demonstrated management and leadership skills will ensure you effectively provide leadership, while managing day-to-day program requirements such as budgeting and rostering teams, and ensuring the delivery of high quality, culturally sensitive out of home care services to children and young people.
- Provide evidence-based, quality practice provided to children and young people in our care.
- Lead culturally diverse teams and, in partnership with the Workforce Development Specialist, ensure effective recruitment and selection, on-boarding and induction, training and development, leadership coaching and mentoring for team members.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulations including the Standards of Care and Human Services Quality Framework.
- Lead, support and resource activities to achieve compliance and participation in audits.
- Provide supervision, line management, support and leadership to Team Leaders, House Parents and Residential Support Workers.
- Work as part of the larger SafeKIDS team to enhance child protection outcomes for the children, young people and families being provided with a service.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services);
- Experience delivering high-quality care services for vulnerable children and young people;
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of culture in out of home care;
- Significant people leadership and experience with managing performance;
- Knowledge of child protection, attachment and trauma theories/research and the ability to apply this to Indigenous contexts;
- Extensive experience managing, leading and implementing residential or out-of-home care services for vulnerable children and young people;
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 70% of our SafeKIDS team members identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay:
- Position is classified Level 7.1 – 7.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $94,611 - $ 98,551 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including health and wellbeing portal
- Excellent flexible work environment.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Massimo Zaini, Operations Manager on 0417 776 685 or email@example.com using the subject line: SafeKIDS Program Coordinator - Cairns enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Position description attached.