Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2018 - 2019 we provided services to 46,084 people, including over 31,000 children; a 15% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking a highly organised Purchasing and Project Officer to join our Business Operations team based in Milton. Reporting to Business Operations Manager, this full-time, ongoing position will be responsible for a diverse range of support functions including purchasing, vehicle fleet management, supplier engagement and project management.
- Deliver efficient purchasing to support quality products and services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide excellent ongoing customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage purchase orders requests and accurately coding invoice payments
- Participate and engage in supplier meetings to build ongoing partnerships and develop an ongoing preferred suppliers list.
- Effectively coordinate the Act for Kids vehicle fleet including; monitoring, utilisation, servicing and replacement of vehicles.
- Support the Business Operations Manager with facilities projects including sourcing of real estate, site fit-outs and/or relocations, security, maintenance, cleaning and asset purchasing.
- Provide support to the delivery of Business Services projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent professional/technical skills, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement/purchasing and project management and support.
- Intermediate/advanced level of competency using Excel and Microsoft Office applications.
- Adaptability to work across multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to engage and establish rapport and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly effective communication, numerical and analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
ABOUT THE PAY:
- Attractive negotiated base salary + 9.5% superannuation.
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take-home pay.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees).
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values-based organisation.
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities).
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Paid Study Assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal.
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment.
A position description is attached.