Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our Melbourne Integrated Therapy Service (ITS) is one of our unique multidisciplinary teams, providing integrated therapy for children from 0-17 years of age with developmental and complex trauma. With a strong focus on trauma informed practice, our integrated teams work closely together as well as with local community support services to best support children and their families.
About the job...
We are seeking a Psychologist to join our Integrated Therapy Services (Psychology, Speech Pathologist, Family Therapy and Occupational Therapy) team based in Melbourne.
This position is permanent full-time.
- Provide an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families.
- Provide trauma-informed psychological assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Clinical Services Manager.
- Identify and work toward client goals, and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Encourage and strengthen supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews and other case discussions as required.
- A tertiary qualification in psychology
- National registration with the Psychology Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Eligibility for a Working with Children Check clearance or exemption based on current professional qualifications and registration.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 10% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Trauma-informed workplace where staff are passionate about the work we do
- Clinical flexibility with focus on holistic, integrated and relationship-based interventions
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Angela Tieman on 0427 385 887 or Angela.Tieman@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: Psychologist (Integrated Therapy Services) - Melbourne enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.