Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and preschools designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team in the Cairns office. This position is part-time (0.8FTE) and fixed-term until 30 September 2021. Extension of employment contract beyond September 2021 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Provide occupational therapy assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team in the Intensive Family Support program.
- Identify and work toward client goals and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews and other case discussions as required.
- Act as a client/customer focused, values based team member and work collaboratively with other staff to achieve client outcomes across all activities at Act for Kids.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on children and family function.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 - 6.3 under the SCHCADS award
- Salary range is $87,577 - $91,439 pa plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time)
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options offering the opportunity to significantly increase a team members take home pay
About the benefits...
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including health and wellbeing portal
- Excellent flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement…
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
For more information about the role, contact Tamara Stafford on 0400 794 444 or Tamara.Stafford@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: Occupational Therapist - enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.