Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are looking for an experienced Local Level Alliance Coordinator to join our team based at Varsity Lakes. This fantastic opportunity, is part-time (0.8FTE) fixed term until 31 December 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond December 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Coordinate and lead a Local Level Alliance made up of representative’s from Government and Non-Government agencies.
- Continue to grow a cohesive Alliance with a shared vision and a clear purpose of improving outcomes for vulnerable children and families.
- Facilitate, chair and organise monthly Local Level Alliance meetings and action groups, including all secretariat support to the Alliance.
- Apply a collaborative and partnership approach to identify and respond to service system gaps and barriers.
- Actively work with the Alliance to increase more efficient service provision to families, including improved and more direct referral pathways for families to access appropriate service.
- Collaborate with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and community members to address barriers at a systemic level and to ensure that the cultural needs of families are met.
- A tertiary degree in a community development or human services related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the child protection environment or community development sector with highly developed knowledge of child protection issues and the child protection sector in Queensland.
- Experience in working collaboratively to foster and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, partners and the community.
- Experience in leading or coordinating a team of people, projects or action groups.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 5.1 – 5.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $80,305 - $83,941 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values-based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Jessica Mildren on 0499012661 or Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Local Level Alliance Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.