Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
Due to internal growth and opportunities, our Townsville Intensive Family Support (IFS) team are seeking Family Support Practitioners to join the team.
The position is fixed-term to 31 December 2021. Extension of employment contract beyond December 2021 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Deliver an outreach model of family case-management programs to a case load of families, caregivers, kids and young people.
- Engage with families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in conjunction with the family which addresses unmet needs and child protection concerns.
- Working collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to ensure families goals are achieved.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least 2 years’ experience delivering case-management or therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in a child protection framework.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Salary range is based on the classification level under the SCHCADS award:
- Family Support Practitioner is classified level 4.1 – 4.4 ($72,362- $77,859)
- In addition 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time)
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees);
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance;
- Strong values based organisation;
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities);
- Paid parental leave and study assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal;
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment.
Important essential information to consider if you wish to apply for the "Identified" role:
To perform this role it is essential that the person who holds the position:
- Be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
- Have the willingness of a respected Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural referee to vouch for your appropriateness for this role.
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on the button below to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Julie Inskip on 4755 8777 or Julie.Inskip@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Family Support Practitioner - Townsville enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.