Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking a Family Support Practitioner to join our dedicated Intensive Family Support (IFS) team based in Toowoomba. This position is available as full-time, fixed term until 24 December 2021. Extension of employment contract beyond September 2021 is subject to the continued funding of the program.
- Maintain a regular case load of client families.
- Engage families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in conjunction with the family and which addresses unmet needs and child protection concerns.
- Facilitate social learning, community connectedness, good health and well-being.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to ensure families goals are achieved.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least 2 years’ experience providing case-management and therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in a child protection framework.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An understanding of current child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 4.1 – 4.4 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $72,362 - $77,859 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Lenore Little on 0437555241 or Lenore.Little@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Family Support Practitioner - Toowoomba enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.