Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking a Family Support Practitioner to join our Intensive Family Support (IFS) team. This position is based in Cairns and is available as full-time, fixed term until 30 September 2021, providing excellent support to our team and clients during a period of leave.
- Delivering an outreach model of family case-management programs to families, caregivers, kids and young people within Intensive Family Support Team.
- Facilitating social learning, community connectedness, good health and well-being.
- Working with other professionals and agencies utilising an ecological model.
- Engaging families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in conjunction with the family and which addresses unmet needs and child protection concerns.
- Working collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to ensure families goals are achieved.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least 2 years’ experience providing case-management and therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in a child protection framework.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An understanding of current child protection legislation and policy reforms.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 4.1 – 4.4 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $72,362 - $77,859 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Elise Brady on 0458 794 444 or Elise.Brady@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Family Support Practitioner - Cairns enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.