Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking a Child and Family Referral Practitioner to join our Family and Child Connect Service (FaCC) team based on the Sunshine Coast. This position will provide engagement and referral support to vulnerable families where there are child protection concerns.
This position is part-time (0.8FTE), fixed term until 31 December 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond December 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Conducting cold calls and appointments with non-consenting clients.
- Identifying family needs using specified tools.
- Successfully engage families in a timely manner and gaining their consent to refer into appropriate services.
- Maintain a case load of client families.
- Determining and making effective referrals for client families to meet their identified needs.
- Regularly attending and participating in case consultations.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (social work, human services, allied health).
- Professional registration (if required).
- At least 2 years’ experience working within the child protection framework.
- Ability to identify family and individual client needs using a child-centred approach.
- A high level of engagement skills including experience in engaging with non-consenting clients in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
Important essential information about this “Identified” role...
To perform this role it is essential that the person who holds the position:
- Will be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. Act for Kids considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
- Will have the willingness of a respected Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural referee to vouch for your appropriateness for this role is a requirement.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 4.1 – 4.4 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $72,362 - $77,859 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Britt Sherwell on 0419 794 417 or Britt.Sherwell@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: Child and Family Referral Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs.