Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking a Child and Family Consultant to join our Assessment Service Connect (ASC) team based in Brisbane.
This position is part-time (0.8FTE), fixed term until 30 June 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond June 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Respond as part of the ASC team on referrals and actively engage with individuals and families as co-responders with Child Safety Services.
- Provide expert opinion, guidance, advice, assessments and consultation on referrals, processes and service connections as part of the ASC team.
- Actively participate in activities including meetings of ASC members and key stakeholders including Family and Child Connect and Intensive Family Support Services.
- Build and maintain partnerships with all ASC and partner agencies for the benefit of the service, children and the families.
- Maintain linkages with Act for Kids staff and services through regular attendance at staff meetings, organisational events and professional development activities
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least five years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or have experienced abuse and neglect, or more than five years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Demonstrated specialist skills in at least one of the following areas drug and alcohol, mental health, family and domestic violence, child development.
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child development and family functioning.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees);
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance;
- Strong values based organisation;
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities);
- Paid parental leave and study assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal;
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply now' to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Tracy Homer on 0438 200 659 or Tracy.Homer@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Child and Family Consultant, Assessment and Service Connect - Brisbane enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.