- Work Type/s: 3-5 days/week (please specify your preference when applying)
- Salary: $75,000-$100,000 + super depending on classification and experience
- Location: Sydney office (preferred) or Canberra office, with the possibility for substantial work from home if desired; we are open to other Australian locations, working remotely
ACCR has a dynamic team of driven, intelligent staff located around Australia. Thanks to a heightened awareness of the importance of our work, and the urgency of the issues - like climate change - that we work on, we are growing rapidly. With this, we are developing a more strategic and impactful media and social media presence, locally and globally, as well as a digital targeting strategy to support our campaigns and shareholder recruitment effort.
ACCR challenges companies to respond to the most important issues of our time, like how they treat their workers, the planet and all who have a stake in their business activities, such as First Nations communities. We are compelled by the importance and urgency of these matters, and use all the tools available to shareholders to make concerns known to companies, to seek fast and effective change. We were founded as a non-profit organisation in 2012, and since that time we have promoted ethical investment and assisted investors through education, research, collaboration, engagement and advocacy.
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer.
Key Relationships: Workstream Directors, Design and Technology Lead.
The Digital Campaigner is responsible for growing ACCR’s online presence with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Conduct an audit of our existing digital platforms.
- Develop a digital strategy that outlines the channels, assets, platforms and tools needed to increase ACCR’s online presence and reach our target audiences, which include: the investment sector; shareholders who share our organisation’s work; media stakeholders; and communities impacted by poor corporate behaviour.
- Support the work of the Shareholder Engagement Lead in building our community of active shareholders via digital channels.
- Identify, plan and successfully exploit opportunities for digital tactics to support ACCR’s broader campaigns and investor recruitment strategy, including digital organising and developing effective strategies and content to target key audiences, including specific corporates.
- Create engaging and shareable digital content (including video, graphics and copy) for digital advertising and to share with our partners, motivate people to act, and engage new audiences.
- Report and analyse digital campaign results and integrate findings into future campaigns.
- Maintain digital channels including ACCR’s website, LinkedIn, Medium, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Support web based communication tools across the organisation such as webinars, including post production and dissemination of content.
- Coordinate and deliver digital aspects of ACCR ‘media moments’ with external media agency.
We’re looking for someone with strong skills and substantial experience in online communications, digital marketing and/or digital campaigning and organising, with a creative, strategic mind.
Digital media production skills
- Experience in media production, including the production of email, website content, online video, social media content and graphics.
- Demonstrated ability in visual communication, and enthusiasm for working with, and helping to iterate, an existing brand style guide.
- Excellent copywriting skills for social media and other interactive contexts.
Approach to strategy
- Demonstrated ability to devise, execute and leverage digital campaigning strategies, drawing on a solid understanding of contemporary online platforms and the opportunities/risks.
- An understanding of traditional media and its principles in a professional context, and the role of social media.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and clear communication, and the ability to work with people with a range of styles and approaches in a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, including attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines, and being nimble and agile and move quickly if the opportunity presents itself.
- Demonstrated ability to make evidence-based decisions and the need to demonstrate impact in digital campaigning, including search channel optimisation.
- Experience in the management of digital projects, for example, working with external consultants and contractors, including web developers, graphic designers and videographers.
ACCR encourages applications from people who identify as First Nations, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, and members of the LGBTQI+ community.
A position description is attached.