Accordwest is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based Organisation. We are offering a unique and fulfilling employment opportunity for a suitability qualified, innovative and motivated person for the position of Manager Family & Homelessness Services. This position will be responsible for overseeing daily operations for both our Housing & Homelessness and Families & Children programs that are delivered throughout the South West Region.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing support and direction to an average of 25 staff over various locations.
- The development and implementation of the Operational Plans, which will underpin the Strategic Plan and assist in the delivery of the organisation’s strategic priorities.
- Contributing to the organisations business development activities, such as stakeholder relations, tender writing, innovation and community capacity building.
- Ensuring all direct and indirect reports perform work tasks in accordance with the contracted service agreements.
- Ensuring the maintenance and compliance of systems, policies and procedures for each of the Release Support programs, to enable the organisation to meet contractual obligations.
- Contributing to the development and management of program budgets.
- Leading, mentoring and managing all direct and indirect reports to ensure the delivery of high-quality services.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of organisational culture by demonstrating compliance with the organisational values.
- Contributing to the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of programs across the service region to ensure continuous quality improvement and evidence-based practice.
- The delivery of high-quality and timely reports to the organisation and the respective funding body.
- You will be supported in your role through comprehensive training and development specific to our organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Social Work, Psychology or another relevant field of Study.
- Minimum of three years of experience in program management and/or program coordination.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, review and implementation of programs to meet contractual compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor service outcomes, undertake research and prepare required routine service reports for submission to funding bodies.
- Capacity to participate in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of programs across the service region, with the outcome being evidenced based practice.
- Sound understanding of the legal and moral obligations related to client confidentiality and privacy.
- Demonstrated experience:
- in grant and tender writing.
- in developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- in developing and maintaining organisational culture.
- in effectively leading and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, with a demonstrated ability to use client information and reporting software.
- Department of Communities, Form 395 Clearance
- Department of Justice Prison Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work collaboratively within the fast-changing community services environment.
Generous salary incentives and conditions (including salary packaging) apply.
Applicants must submit a cover letter (no more than two pages) detailing how they believe they meet the Selection Criteria, as well as a current Curriculum Vitae.
At Accordwest we are committed to our ethos of “Every Story Matters and reflecting the needs of every individual within every community within which we work.
Our communities include people from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
- People with disability
- Sexually and gender diverse people
- People with lived experience of adversity
- People of all ages
We welcome employment applications from people who live in, understand and want to work with people from these diverse and valuable communities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.