Accordwest is a growing not for profit (NPO) dedicated to supporting people living with disadvantage. We work alongside clients by using non-judgemental practice, respect and compassion because we believe ‘Every Story Matters’, not just for clients, but for our employees as well.
Our Out of Home Care (OOHC) team is comprised of a range of different professional groups who are committed and dedicated to the needs of children and young people. This team works with cutting edge therapies and other approaches to OOHC through which children are provided with a wrap-around service to meet their needs.
We are seeking a Leader with out of home care experience to join our Executive and lead the newly created Quality Service and Development team. We have recently restructured our OOHC team, creating the perfect opportunity for the right person to join our leadership team and make their mark in developing and implementing initiatives to place Accordwest as the leader in quality service levels.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and developing ongoing growth and expansion opportunities, development needs, and associated practice innovation, in consultation with Regional Leaders.
- Identifying and advancing the design, development, implementation and maintenance of software solutions, processes and related data models and data integrity standards, to achieve quality services and outcomes for OOHC clients.
- Leading and advancing the training and development of workers in the delivery of high-quality services.
- Ensuring the development of processes and systems for OOHC services are meeting and wherever possible exceeding all industry standards and contract obligations.
- Supporting standards and practice compliance requirements
- Providing an independent assurance service in relation to Case Plans, Placement Agreements and Foster Carer Reviews.
- Providing the highest and most effective practice supports and reporting that will ensure the development and endorsement of Care Plans for children in care.
- Measuring and reporting on the highest and most effective practice standards and their delivery for OOHC.
- Orchestrating self-assessment and quality reviews to meet and exceed standards.
- Co-ordinating external audits of services and contracts and report on compliance and reporting needs on all programs and contracts.
- Leading and engaging your team to deliver high quality services.
- Frontline management of your team across the employment life cycle, including recruitment, managing performance, mentoring, training and skills development.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Leadership experience in a similar field with proven results
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading, motivating and developing staff
- Minimum of five years of post-graduate experience in program development and/or program coordination.
- Demonstrated experience using high-level clinical and case management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation, change management and leadership skills.
- A genuine interest in working in the NPO sector.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of the quality and policy frameworks underpinning Out of Home Care in Western Australia.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A commitment to results focused performance.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant field of study.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the identification and probity process. Further details will be supplied later in the process.
Initial enquiries should be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Executive Manager Practice Development (Out of Home Care) - Bunbury enquiry via EthicalJobs.