Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community based, not for profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
The purpose of this position is to manage a range of programs and projects within the Access Community Enterprises Division. The role will be responsible for the delivery of all Skilling Queenslanders for Work Programs (SQW) Skilling Queenslanders for Work activities, and business engagement programs which support the associated programs and drive employment outcomes for participants that are engaged in the SQW programs.
The position will entail liaising with Department of Employment, Small Business and Training representatives and other Government departments and agencies as well as other community organisations and providers to ensure that the delivery of the program are as per the contract that Access hold with either the department other service providers. The role will also include but not limited to business development with employers either Corporate, Small to medium enterprises and or Government and non-government agencies. The position will be required to produce reports assigned by the government bodies and other agencies as well as work within a team environment, which will support the social enterprise group to develop new economic participation programs that align with the ACSL strategic direction.
This position will also require the ability to support, mentor and guide program participants to resolve any issues or barriers that they have to education, training and employment throughout the duration of the program and post program support requirements.
- Understanding and empathy, regarding the needs and barriers experienced by participants in the cohort of participants identified for the Program.
- Overall coordination of the program including recruitment of eligible participants, marketing and promotion.
- Reverse marketing and cold calling employers to secure employment vacancies.
- Negotiate content of industry specific pre - employment training.
- Proactively build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Building positive relationships with local businesses and employers.
- Develop and maintain tailored employment pathway plans.
- Assisting with resumes, cover letters and job applications.
- Provide job seekers with the tools and confidence to re-enter the workforce.
- Manage employer vacancies including; vacancy assessment, advertising, screening & vetting, referring & representing suitable candidates.
- Following and adhering to contract guidelines in relation to the Program including but not limited to ACSL associated documents, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate the delivery of industry specific pre - employment programs with Registered Training Organisations.
- Develop and maintain relationship with Registered Training Organisation to ensure participants are engaging and progressing through the program and to manage any learning barriers or absenteeism.
- Development of continuous improvement and quality systems including operational procedures for each program, enterprise and project.
- Market and promote programs to external agencies in order to grow the sustainability of the programs and enterprises.
- Support the RTO to facilitate any placement/work experience opportunities that will benefit the outcomes of the participant to complete their training and offer employment opportunities.
- Monitor and respond to individual client's feedback and complaints and record them appropriately.
- Represent ACSL at key events, networks and meetings, committees, conferences and public forums.
- Produce statistical reports, monthly reports, progress/ performance reports and annual reports as requested.
- Analyse and report on statistical information.
- Other tasks as requested by the Manager.
- Participate in corporate and community events.
- Previous experience in delivery of Government funded programs: Skilling Queenslanders for Work SQW programs highly regarded.
- Knowledge of and Industry Contracts within the Hospitality Industry.
- Proven experience in building positive relationships with local businesses and employers.
- Industry qualifications would be viewed favourably, including but not limited to Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Hospitality qualifications.
- Proven experience in providing job seekers with the tools and confidence to re-enter the workforce.
- Experience in reverse marketing and cold calling employers to secure employment vacancies.
- Ability in development of tailored employment pathway plans.
- Previous coordination experience, ideally within a multicultural environment.
- Experience working with CALD community members and community groups.
- Cultural understanding of CALD people and their barriers and support requirements.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand labour market trends and barriers faced.
- Current Driver's License.
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card.
- Current Yellow Card Exemption or National Worker Screening Check or ability to acquire one.
- Current Police Check (National Police Check) for employment.
- Rights to work in Australia.
Upload your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume by clicking apply now.
For a copy of the Position Description - please email Gauri Patankar, Recruitment Officer at email@example.com, using the subject line: Skilling Queenslanders for Work Coordinator - Hospitality (Townsville) enquiry via EthicalJobs.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.