Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community based, not for profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
The key role of the Support Worker is to provide support to NDIS funded participants, promoting choice and control and assisting participants in achieving their personal goals. This support worker is needing to speak Mandarin to be able to communicate with the participant.
- Provide high-quality support to participants who range in levels of need
- Adherence to service agreement requirements of the funded package & meeting of deadlines
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external agencies
- Keep accurate and up to date documentation
- Able to work independently within the community or the participant's home, reporting after each shift using 'Microsoft Teams' App and Deputy App
- Support participants to achieve positive outcomes of their personal goals as stated within their NDIS plan
- Participate in corporate and community events
- Other tasks as requested by the manager
- Cert III or above in community services or individual support or extensive experience in providing high-quality support to individuals with additional needs
- Ability to transport participants to a range of different services and appointments
- Ability to support participants with capacity building, assisting participants in achieving their personal goals as stated within their NDIS plan
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge of participants needs across the lifespan and cultural considerations
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and negotiate with a range of internal; and external stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people to overcome complex situations and problems
- Ability to work autonomously to complete tasks within set timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unpredictable situations and behaviours
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer/client services and continuous improvement strategies
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of culturally appropriate and sensitive services to people of CALD background
- Current Drivers Licence
- Willing to transport participants in your own car
- Willing to use your personal phone to report case notes and receive shift notification using 'Microsoft Teams' app, Deputy app and 'Outlook'
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card or the ability to obtain one
- Rights to work in Australia
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.