- Full time fixed-term contract positions until 30th June 2022 based in Logan, QLD; working 38 hours per week.
- Great opportunity available for Support Coordinator Team Leader in NDIS, use your leadership and time management skills to make this role yours.
- Opportunity to work with a highly experienced team that collaborates & supports and flexible working arrangements to support real life balance.
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
About Access Community Services Ltd.
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia's leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not -for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
About the Role
To manage and oversee the running of NDIS Support Coordination services offered by Harmony Place.
To lead a team of Support Coordinators who work with people who experience severe and persistent mental illness and/or disability, their careers, families, friends and community supports, to identify services and responses they need.
Harmony Place is as registered NDIS provider, supporting individuals with 'Support Coordination' Level 2 and Level 3. As a team leader, you will be leading a team to:
- Assist the participant to understand and help implement their NDIS plan and
- Promote choice and control
Have a clear understanding of a range of disabilities to ensure services best meet their needs.
- Providing a team of Support Coordinators with the necessary supervision, training and guidance to achieve Harmony Place's service delivery standards.
- Effective management of the team including recruitment, induction, professional development, and performance management.
- In consultation with the Services Management Team, assisting in the development, implementation and review of work processes and quality improvement strategies
- Conduct intake assessments for new participants joining the program. This assessment will provide the knowledge to the NDIS Support Coordinator of the disability of the individual and the supports required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the mental health and NDIS systems and practices;
- Communicate effectively and build strong rapport with mental health and NDIA stakeholders, CLAs, participants, participant's natural supports and other relevant stakeholders;
- Manage any perceived or real conflict of interest in accordance with the NDIA's Terms of Business
- Enhance ACSL's reputation through continuous improvement, business development and innovation.
- Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A diploma or tertiary qualification in degree in Human Services, Social Work or related disciplines.
- In-depth understanding of the NDIS along with demonstrated strong time management skills including prioritisation of competing tasks.
- Demonstrate understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of severe and persistent mental health issues and disabilities.
- Understanding of public sector and community based service systems relevant to people with mental health issues and disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support and coordination for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and/or disabilities.
- Experience working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse persons.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to build rapport and interact effectively with clients, staff and other agencies.
- Experience in preparing detailed reports as per reporting requirements.
- Computer literacy, word processing and database competencies.
About Our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,886 of your salary tax-free plus up to $2650 of packaged Meals and Entertainment meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement, including 9-day fortnight.
- Paid cultural and wellness leave of 3 days every year.
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our in-house well-being programs.
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At Access Community Services Ltd. we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
Access will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email email@example.com, using the subject line: NDIS Support Coordinator Team Leader - Logan enquiry via EthicalJobs, or call Gauri Patankar, Recruitment Officer on 07 3412 8222.
Access Community Services Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.