- Full-time fixed-term maternity leave cover contract ending 31st December 2021 based in Logan, QLD; working 38 hours per week
- Apply your strong administration skills and make this role successful, ample opportunities to grow and develop
- Opportunity to work with a highly experienced team that collaborates & supports
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
About Access Community Services Ltd.
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia's leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not -for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
About the Role
The Health Service Officer will be responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support functions to the health division, as well as being the first point of contact for enquiries and customer service. The role requires great attention to detail and an analytical mind to assist with daily administrative tasks such as bookings, reception and service enquires, as well as essential administrative functions including client information management, data entry, reporting and financial processing for clinical services. The role supports health staff across a broad range of programs, including NDIS and other clinical and community programs and requires care and compassion, as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Being first point of contact for service users in relation to service delivery;
- Deal with all relevant enquiries and provide pathways to information on supports in a timely manner;
- Manage and maintain accurate bookings for services for service users and staff;
- Process NDIS and Medicare claims;
- Actively contributing to the administration and coordination of allied health service;
- Data entry, client information management and reporting;
- Financial processing for clinical services;
- Highlight any concerns/risks to management as they arise from service users and support workers.
- Represent Access in a professional and positive manner;
- Other duties as required to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative role, preferably within the community or health services sector;
- Excellent customer service, including being friendly, welcoming and compassionate;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and an ability to use a broad range of databases;
- Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of allied health, mental health services and NDIS;
- Great attention to detail and an analytical mind;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a flexible approach and demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Prioritisation of work, including the ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Initiative in being organised and punctual;
- Ability to work autonomously, but also as a member of a team;
- Resilience, integrity and a positive approach to issues resolution;
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy when working with people with disability, mental health conditions and from CALD populations;
- Understanding of Medicare billing, Electronic Medical Records, and the Australian health system desirable;
- A certificate in Medical/Office Administration or associated business discipline will be highly regarded;
- Current QLD Paid Blue Card and Yellow Card or ability to obtain one;
- Current Driver's License desired;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Rights to work in Australia.
About Our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,886 of your salary tax-free plus up to $2650 of packaged Meals and Entertainment meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement, including 9-day fortnight.
- Paid wellness days.
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our in-house well-being programs.
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities;
About our Recruitment Process
At Access Community Services Ltd. we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
Access will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gauri Patankar, Recruitment Officer on 07 3412 8222.
Access Community Services Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.