- Casual x 2 positions based in Woolloongabba
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia's leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not-for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
Harmony on Burke Café is the latest social enterprise initiative from Access Community Services. Teaming up with Brisbane Catholic Education, Harmony on Burke Café's mission is to provide opportunities to disadvantaged job seekers and provide hands-on training in hospitality roles such as kitchen hand, barista, wait staff and front counter servers. Working at Harmony on Burke Café enables job seekers to be equipped with real life skills and give them the confidence, skills and experience to gain ongoing employment in the wider community.
In conjunction with the Food Business Manager, the Café Attendant will work in the Harmony on Burke Café, key responsibilities are customer service, kitchen hands and barrista.
- To demonstrate positive attitude, good communications skills, willingness and flexibility to work as a team member at all times;
- To demonstrate a high level of productivity in all tasks required;
- To demonstrate innovation in meeting the day to day responsibilities within the kitchen and café;
- To provide a high level of customer service at all times;
- To ensure all food is prepared in line with the Harmony Café menu and food safety standards;
- To ensure all food is cooked consistently and properly and prepared to the highest standards at all times;
- To check quality and presentation of orders before passing to customer;
- To ensure the kitchen and café are maintained at a high food safety standard;
- To ensure all policy and procedures are followed and implemented at all times;
- To ensure the kitchen and cafe is kept in a clean and sanitised condition at all times;
- To implement the stock control and rotation process at all times;
- To ensure all equipment is used properly and effectively;
- To follow and implement WHS practices in all roles and tasks within the workplace;
- To ensure food safety, health and hygiene regulations are rigorously applied in food preparation;
- In conjunction with the Café Supervisor, implement appropriate induction/training to new staff;
- To participate in regular staff meetings and participate in the implementation of the vision and business plan;
- Be open to and willing for this role to develop, change and/or expand;
- Other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
Skills, Experience & Other Requirements
- Minimum of Certificate II in Hospitality is required;
- Experience for quality Cafe/food Production with focus on kitchen hands;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Excellent people skills and strong customer service focus;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unpredictable situations;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer services and continuous improvement strategies;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Current certificate in - I am alert;
- Work rights for Australia;
- Current national police check.
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume. For a copy of the Position Description - please email Gauri Patankar, Recruitment Officer at email@example.com, using the subject line: Café Attendants x2 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.