Our client is seeking a Occupational Therapists to work in the Western Suburbs in the disability sector servicing a mixed caseload of participants. Sites in Parramatta, Penrith and Liverpool.
We are currently seeking experienced Occupational Therapists to provide therapy services to the people supported by this service, to promote positive mental, physical and emotional health; social and economic participation and be passionate about a person-centred care approach.
This role will involve:
- Use a multi-disciplinary approach to assist clients to meet their needs, goals, objectives and aspirations.
- Adopt a Person-Centred Approach with all client and stakeholder interactions.
- Assess and coordinate the delivery of therapy services to children and adults with physical, intellectual and/or psychosocial disabilities.
- The ability to decide which therapy approaches will meet the person’s needs: remediation, rehabilitation, enablement, prevention, and/or early intervention.
- The ability to tailor services to maximise outcomes; considering the person’s family and social life, everyday activities, and routines.
The requirements for this role include:
- Degree qualified in Occupational Therapy.
- Current, unrestricted registration with AHPRA.
- Experience undertaking evidenced based clinical assessments and providing therapeutic interventions to meet client needs.
- Experience in a community health and/or disability services environment with a focus on people with complex care needs would be a huge advantage.
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Quality & Safeguarding Commission would be a huge advantage.
- The ability to form working relationships based on trust and respect, where internal customers see the value of the services you provide.
- A passion for working with clients, colleagues, families and others to find innovative and practical solutions that allow clients to realise their human potential.
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence.
- New Graduates opportunities on offer.
- A number of probity checks are required including holding a current working with children and undertaking a National police checks.