- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Full time, fixed term opportunity until June 2023
- Flexible location! Work from home and any Dementia Australia office in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA or QLD!
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
The Team Leader, Client Services will join the newly formed National Intake team to provide leadership and support to ensure the success of Dementia Australia’s programs and services. This role will be responsible for the development and delivery of intake and referral processes for people living with dementia, their families and carers and the wider community.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Service Operations you will also be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and supporting the National Intake team to ensure a coordinated, efficient, and consistent approach to service delivery across all states.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the team with responsibility for allocating referrals and managing intake queues and team workload and ensuring all intake activities accurately reflect funding and service agreements.
- Assisting with the implementation of administrative procedures that aim at enhancing the efficiency of the program and optimal client experience, and ensuring referrer, client and provider information/database is kept up to date
- Utilising a continuous improvement approach, ensuring that the Intake staff maintain knowledge and skill levels required for best practise and customer focused delivery and that there is appropriate access to professional development, clinical support and formal supervision.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high-quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in team leadership including mentoring and developing people in a positive inclusive manner
- Experience in overseeing a geographically dispersed service delivery team in a community, health or disability service setting
- Extensive experience working with people with dementia as well as carers and families, and an understanding of relevant Service Systems, including My Aged Care, Carer Gateway, and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Knowledge and past experience leading a quality improvement culture and implementing process improvement and best practices
- Experience liaising with community organisations and other key stakeholders to collaborate on the clients’ needs
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (health/allied health/social services sectors) and experience in a similar position
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.