- Contributing to meaningful policy change
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time, 4 days a week (0.8 FTE), permanent opportunity
- Flexible location! Work out of any Dementia Australia office nationwide!
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
about the role
The Policy Officer will contribute to the National Policy team to address and support the current and emerging needs of people living with dementia, their families and carers. The Policy Officer will play a key role in researching and reporting on policy development, project initiatives and potential partnerships. This position will also actively assist the team in submissions, policy papers, reports, presentations, meetings and speeches.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Policy and Advocacy, you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting Dementia Australia to contribute to policy development nationally and at a state/territory level by researching and reporting on developments in the aged care, health and disability services sectors
- Representing and assisting Dementia Australia at public forums, policy networks and other stakeholder meetings.
- Developing strong, positive relationships within Dementia Australia, with colleagues in the same team and across departments as well as with external stakeholders when consulting with people living with dementia, their families and carers on key policy issues
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in dementia, consumer advocacy and health, aged care and/or disability policy.
- Demonstrated understanding and capability in the development of policy and project material, including policy position material, governance reports, project management.
- Ability to liaise effectively with consumers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write submissions, reports and resource material.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work efficiently and accurately.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications e.g. Public Health, Public Policy, Social Sciences, Politics, Social Work
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you.
Click Apply Now to submit your application.
In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.