- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Casual opportunity available based in Perth
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
Located in East Perth, WA the National Dementia Helpline Advisor is responsible for providing information, support and connection to service options regarding dementia and memory loss to people living with dementia and members of their care network, the general public and health professionals.
Reporting directly to the Helpline Team Leader, you will also be responsible for:
- Providing brief dementia-specific consultations via incoming and outgoing phone calls, live chat, and email.
- Utilizing your active listening skills to understand and interpret the clientele, and then provide solution focused recommendations.
- Providing service referrals of relevant internal and external services that are available to the clientele including education programs, support programs and other relevant service offerings.
- Ensuring that client activity and all other appropriate information is documented in line with professional/legal standards and telephony system requirements.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Registration with, or eligibility for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)
- Proven experience in the provision of telephone information and support services (Essential )
- Experience working in a , dynamic, fast paced contact centre environment (Highly regarded)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including well-developed case note, and record keeping skills
- Advanced Computer literacy across a range of relevant applications, including contact centre telephony systems, CRM applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook(Essential)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate speciality area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
If you thrive on activity, and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found on our website https://www.dementia.org.au/careers.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Ellen McIntyre on Ellen.McIntyre@dementia.org.au, using the subject line: National Dementia Helpline Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.