- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Flexible location, Work both from home and the Griffith, ACT office
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
The Government and Media Relations Advisor will implement the Dementia Australia Government Relations Strategy to improve the quality of life for all Australians impacted by dementia through ongoing government relations activity and engagement. The Strategy execution will raise the profile of Dementia Australia as the leading experts in dementia for all parliamentarians, government departments and the relevant sector organisations and leaders, federally and throughout all states and territories.Reporting directly to the National General Manager Communications-Corporate Communications, you will also be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the National GM Communications-Corporate Communications to develop and deliver effective government relations strategies and plans to promote and protect the organisation’s brand and reputation.
- Developing and delivering timely, proactive, reactive and strategic government relations activities and advice.
- Leading the state and territory government relations strategy, including writing content and communications for strategic activities such as media releases, media and position statements, speeches, letters, strategies, meeting and media briefings
- Providing support to the national media and communications team to develop and deliver the organisations strategic plan as it relates to media management, including media training and briefing materials, as well as policy and research, speeches, corporate communications and other communication opportunities
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.Key Selection Criteria:
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in building relationships, networks and engagement in a senior government relations strategic role
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including the executive, teams, partners and suppliers
- Experience in developing and implementing successful strategic government relations, media and communications plans
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects on time and within budget
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, media, communications or a related business field and extensive, related industry experience
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as several attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and carers.