- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), fixed term 12 month contract opportunity
- Work from home and any of the Dementia Australia office locations nationwide!
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
The Consumer Engagement Coordinator’s (Research) purpose is to identify opportunities and develop and implement strategies that will increase the involvement of people living with dementia and carers across various aspects of research.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Consumer Engagement, you will also be responsible for:
- Connecting researchers and other research stakeholders to interested members of the Dementia Advocates Program, ensuring their lived experience expertise is heard and promoted within a research context.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and facilitate training opportunities to ensure both researchers and Dementia Advocates have the skills needed to collaborate successfully.
- Contributing to the development of a national Dementia Australia Consumer Engagement Strategy and assisting with coordinating the strategies implementation
- Maintaining and coordinating key administrative processes, including, but not limited to: Dementia Advocates’ orientation education and training needs; database administration; and other functions as required.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated dementia knowledge and understanding of the challenges for people living with dementia, or the capacity to develop that knowledge base and understanding
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer engagement frameworks
- An ability to engage and work in partnership with people living with dementia, their families and care partners
- Proven capacity to facilitate groups, gather information, analyse data and prepare reports
- Networking experience, including effective participation in external working groups and engagement with relevant organisations, researchers and other stakeholders
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification in public health, community development, consumer engagement, social work or other relevant discipline that includes research training
If you thrive on building relationships and meaningful activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found on our website https://www.dementia.org.au/careers.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Sally Lambourne at Sally.Lambourne@dementia.org.au, using the subject line: Consumer Engagement Coordinator (Research) - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.