- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed term opportunity until June 2022
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
Located in Griffith, ACT, the Community Development Officer will be responsible for facilitating stakeholder meetings, education forums, arranging community-based gatherings as well as exploring the current and unmet needs of people impacted by younger onset dementia across the ACT.
Reporting directly to the State Manager, Client Services you will also be responsible for:
- Building relationships with local stakeholders and key referrers to understand needs and increase awareness of younger onset dementia and ensure access to appropriate services and information is facilitated
- Promoting and delivering funded education, advice and support programs and services to people living with dementia and their families and carers
- Leveraging internal and external resources to develop responses to consumer needs to address barriers to accessing services and increasing referrals to programs and support.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be a true team player and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in liaising with and developing relationships and partnerships with service providers and other agencies
- Experience in group facilitation and providing community information and education, and supporting community capacity building
- Demonstrated experience in effectively collaborating with a wide variety of community groups and individuals to achieve practical and sustainable mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of dementia and its impact on people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers, particularly younger onset dementia
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and contribute effectively as a team member
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (health / allied health / social services / education / management sectors) (highly desirable) and/or Knowledge and experience working in a similar role.
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found on our website www.dementia.org.au/careers.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Community Development Officer - ACT enquiry via EthicalJobs.