- Part-time (0.6FTE) position
- Based across Western Sydney
- Excellent remuneration, plus superannuation, fully maintained motor vehicle, access up to $15,900 tax free, and tools of the trade, and paid external clinical supervision!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Social Workers at Youth Insearch provide an integral role in our ability to support at-risk young people through a place-based case management model. Youth Insearch Social Workers are an integrated ‘youth hub’ for young people, working out of local school, health services and community partners to support at-risk young people improve their health, wellbeing, and connection to community.
Working closely with the Team Leader, this role will be based out of specified community locations across the Hawksbury and Penrith region supporting young people with case management, and to access Youth Insearch programs such as Weekend Workshops, and Weekly Support Groups.
- Engage with young people who are at greater risk to disadvantage who live across the Hawksbury and Penrith regions
- Work closely and collaboratively with key community organisations where young people at-risk present
- Support a minimum of 60 young people per year (pro-rata based on FTE) through a case management framework
- Work with young people to access Youth Insearch peer-programs such as Weekend Workshops, Weekly Support Groups and support to participate in Leaders Training.
- Work with the parents/carers/guardians of the young people being supported providing follow-up as required
- Oversee and co-delivery Weekly Support Groups within the community, and act as a key stakeholder to support raise our profile and embed our program across the region.
- Maintain high-standards in the recording and keeping of client information within Youth Insearch’s Case Record Management system, salesforce.
- Working with the Team Leader to ensure that KPIs for the region are being met, proactively participating in supervision
- Develop and maintain professional networks within the community to ensure that those young people who need to know about Youth Insearch, know about us and how to access support.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following attributes as a minimum:
- Eligibility for registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- 2+ years experience working with vulnerable populations within a case management lens
- Sound knowledge of the challenges and issues experienced by young people aged 12-25 years
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop networks and establish/increase community engagement
- Sound risk assessment skills including but not limited to suicide risk, mental health, and mandatory reporting
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written skills and experience using Office365 (preferable)
In addition to this, the successful candidate will also have:
- NSW Working with Children's Check (for Employment Purposes)
- Current National Police Records Check
- Full vaccination against COVID-19
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers License
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ROLE
If you have any questions please reach out to Rachel Quinlan, Regional Manager - NSW East on 0499 200 115 or at [email protected], using the subject line: Social Worker - Sydney enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.