- Are you a Clinical Educator ready looking for a new challenge?
- Do you have a passion for Indigenous health, and want to deliver your best health care?
- Can you see yourself immersed in an Aboriginal community, making long lasting relationships?
This is your new role!
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (SHSAC) to find a Clinical Educator to join their committed team of health professionals.
As the successful Clinical Educator, your primary responsibility will be to facilitate and coordinate opportunities for clinical staff to access and participate in professional development and clinical education, with the aim of maximising clinical performance.
SHSAC is a community controlled health organisation providing comprehensive primary health care services through nine remote health centres to some 4000 people living in the Katherine East region. Health centres are located at Barunga, Manyallaluk, Wugularr, Bulman, Mataranka, Jilkminggan, Minyerri, Ngukurr and Urapunga.
The SHSAC approach involves community people owning and controlling their health services, and key values include mutual respect, openness, engagement, two-way learning and cultural safety.
Katherine is a thriving main town within this sub-tropical region, situated a three hour drive south of Darwin. The main town is situated on the banks of the Katherine river and has a population of around 10,000 people while the larger Katherine region has a population of just over 24,000. Katherine is well equipped as a regional town with a shopping centre that features a supermarket and many specialty shops. Katherine is on the edge of Kakadu National park which is filled with waterfalls and bush walks. Kayaking through the picturesque Katherine Gorge is a popular weekend activity.
- Ensuring training needs are identified through induction / orientation and performance appraisals, and coordinating clinical staff development.
- Developing, planning and presenting educational activities that progress practitioner competence in an Aboriginal Health Care setting.
- Coordinating skills audits and training (including diagnostic, examination and procedural skills) for clinical staff.
- Facilitating and providing clinical in-service training .
- Supporting registered clinicians to participate regularly in continuing professional development relevant to their scope of practice.
- Current resume with contact details for two referees
- Current registration as a registered nurse with a minimum 5 years' experience in Aboriginal primary health care
- A post graduate accredited qualification in clinical education and training or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Working knowledge of the units and competencies comprising of the Certificate IV Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or demonstrated capacity to speedily acquire this knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- Understanding and adherence to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services and an ability to practice in a culturally safe manner
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of primary health care environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary primary health care environment
- Advanced communication skills including well developed cross cultural interpersonal abilities
- Willingness to incorporate Aboriginal values and methods into practice
- Willingness to drive or travel on a light aircraft and stay overnight in remote communities
- Current working with children card, criminal history check and an NT drivers licence or the ability to obtain the same
- Willingness to support and educate new Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Remote Area Nurses on call if needed
- Demonstrated ability/experience working with a range of software including Microsoft Office and Patient Information Recall Systems
What's In It For You?
- Attractive salary and salary packaging options
- Full time opportunity
- Opportunity to experience and deliver excellent health care in a remote community
- Enjoy exploring the Katherine Region's beautiful landscapes and historical sites
Does the sound of this role excite and inspire you? We want to hear from you! Please apply now!
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!