About the role
As the Program Development Officer – Primary Care Initiatives you will work as part of a dynamic team who work closely with general practice and other primary care stakeholders to improve access to health services in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith regions.
Project management skills with the ability to effectively communicate, engage and build strong relationships with local primary healthcare practitioners are key components of this role.
Main focus areas of this position include the implementation of quality improvement projects in general practice and the commissioning and contract management of services to address identified health needs in the region.
This is a full-time (part-time negotiable) maternity leave position until September 2021. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
For more information about what our Primary Care Support and Development Team does, please visit: www.nbmphn.com.au/AboutPracticeSupport.
- Tertiary qualification and or equivalent experience in the field of health, project management or business.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral, and engagement skills to achieve demonstrated collaboration and partnerships.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement program outcomes with consideration of risks and mitigation requirements for the project.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and manage competing priorities to achieve overall outcomes, within a specified time frame.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools in particular the Microsoft Office Suite to an intermediate level including customer relationship databases.
- Knowledge and / or experience of the primary health care setting within the Australian context.
About Wentworth Healthcare Ltd
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd, provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN), is a not for profit organisation whose main goal is the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic, disability or age.
For more information about Wentworth Healthcare, please visit: www.nbmphn.com.au/WentworthHealthcare.
Why you should come work with us
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave)
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave)
- Not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (subject to government criteria)
- Generous support toward professional development
- Free onsite parking
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to apply.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered. Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the requirements stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will be undertaken.
If you have any questions please contact our recruitment team on 02 4708 8100.