Are you a star communicator who loves work with others to bring about change? Bring your “people skills” to a role that works closely with general practices and other health stakeholders to improve health outcomes for people in our region!
We are an organisation with a great workplace culture and a vision to improve the health and well being of the people in our community. Our annual, independent staff surveys for the last 4 years have rated us as a ‘truly great’ place to work.
Seeking someone with a drive for success to support and improve health outcomes and quality of care for people in our region.
The General Practice Support Officer will work as part of a dynamic team assisting general practices and primary care stakeholders across our region (Penrith, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, Blue Mountains). A key component of the role is the ability to engage and build strong relationships with local GPs, Practice Nurses and Staff to support the adoption of service delivery systems, new initiatives and assist them improve patient outcomes.
This is a rewarding role requiring a person who is passionate about customer service; has a track record of successful project delivery; enjoys learning and wants to work with like-minded people who contribute to improved health care in the community. If this sounds like your ideal role then we would like to hear from you. Training specific to the role will be provided.
- Drive quality improvement measures that will improve clinical outcomes and business optimisation.
- Facilitate the uptake of digital health solutions.
- Assist with Practice Accreditation, Chronic Disease Management and the Health Care Home approach.
Between $73,153 and $86,882 (potential maximum grossed up salary equivalent $82,924 - $96,653*)
- Dependant on skills and experience
- *Based on NFP salary packaging tax benefits (which may be subject to criteria)
- We are a TEAM of like-minded professionals who share the same values.
- We are committed to the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
- We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Work from home opportunities (in line with our Working from Home Policy).
- Not for profit Salary Packaging taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (which may be subject to criteria).
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave).
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave).
- Generous support toward professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
- Modern, innovative office building with ample natural light and surrounded by landscaped parkland.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in health, business, communications or a related field.
- Effective interpersonal and engagement skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and communication skills with experience in reporting and presenting.
- Demonstrated strong organisational and project management skills with an ability to manage competing timelines and prioritise deliverables.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite, customer relationship management software and databases.
- Demonstrated positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn new skills and apply them in your work.
- Experience in delivering training and information to individuals and/or small groups.
- Experience with digital health and clinical information systems e.g. My Health Record, Best Practice and Medical Director.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to review the Position Description and to apply via our website.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- As this role has inherent duties which are subject to public health orders, in accordance with Wentworth Healthcare’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, this position will require the incumbent to maintain an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status in order for the organisation to remain compliant with public health orders.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.
This position is being offered in a full time capacity and is funded until June 2023. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.
For more information about Wentworth Healthcare, please visit our website.