Uniting is the lead agency for LikeMind Seven Hills and Penrith. The purpose of LikeMind is to provide wrap-around services to consumers with a variety of mental health, physical health and psycho-social needs. The Service will bring together existing community health services in an accessible, centralised and engaging community space. There will be four pillars of service delivery from the site - mental health, drug and alcohol, primary care, and vocational/ employment services.
- Senior Clinician of multi-disciplinary mental health clinical team
- $80K - $90K +Super +Salary packaging benefits
- Penrith close to the station - Full time or Part time
The position will work as the onsite clinical Lead as delegated by the LikeMind Service Integration Manager. The position is part of a multidisciplinary team including Intake and Assessment Clinicians, Private Practitioners and in partnership with Consortium partners including Western Sydney Local Health District, some of whom provide services on site. The aim is to improve outcomes in people’s mental and physical / sexual health and provide opportunities for education and employment.
The Senior Clinician is responsible for:
- Provision of mentorship and clinical consultation to clinicians within the multidisciplinary team.
- Provision of mental health assessments, including completion of mental state examination, risk assessment, case formulations and an initial treatment plan.
- Working collaboratively with consumers, their families / significant others and relevant service systems to respond appropriately to their mental health needs.
- Participation in triaging / intake of new referrals to the service; establishing what mental health concerns are present, identifying risk factors, current supports available and negotiation of appropriate plans for each person referred to the service.
Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and membership with AHPRA or eligibility for membership with AASW:
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent; Mental Health Nursing experience favourable.
- Occupational Therapist
- Bachelor Degree of Occupational Therapy.
- Approved degree in Psychology.
- Social Worker
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
If provisionally registered must have a current primary supervisor.
- A minimum of 3-5 year clinical practice (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field.
- Substantial experience in acute mental health care, including completion of mental health and bio-psycho-social assessments, crisis interventions and short term psychosocial treatment for young people experiencing mental health difficulties and their families.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership in clinical supervision, education, training, ongoing professional development and any student clinical placements, orientation and mentoring roles. Ability to contribute to clinical leadership in a multidisciplinary team and on a one to one basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to contribute to a culture of hope, optimism and recovery for adult consumers and their families / significant others.
- Ability to maintain and influence a team culture and performance that is based on hope, optimism and a recovery framework for young people.
- Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for consumers within a recovery framework.
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements.
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training.
- Career development opportunities.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera on 0438 206 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Clinician - LikeMind Community Mental Health enquiry via EthicalJobs.