- Responsible to: Operations Manager
- Hours: 38 hours per week - Some flexibility is required with work hours and location of work to meet the requirements of the position.
- Probation period: 3 Months then appraised annually
- Applicable award: Australian Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010
Ten years ago, three blokes came together to cook for the less fortunate in Sydney and the seeds of Two Good Co. were planted. In 2015, Two Good Co. was officially launched with a focus on providing good food, employment opportunities and beautiful gifts to women who are experiencing domestic violence and / or living in a women’s refuge.
Since then, the organisation has gone on to donate close to 100,000 meals and provide employment pathways, mentoring and on the job training for survivors of domestic violence, women in recovery and women leaving the justice system. Two Good believes that by providing a nurturing, trauma informed workplace, women can be supported to return to the workforce. The organisation’s success has been built on their ‘eat one treat one’ model which provides a high-quality meal for a woman in need, for every meal purchased, and now has the support of some of the most well-known chefs in Australia including Matt Moran, Maggie Beer and Neil Perry.
Two Good Co is recruiting for a passionate & skilled Head Chef to lead our team in the creation of beautiful food made with love. This position is responsible for the efficient running of the kitchen and ensuring that the food produced is consistently of a high quality in line with the food philosophy of Two Good. This role also supports the management and supervision of women in Two Good’s employment pathways program.
We are seeking someone who has strong operational experience, leadership and is highly organised. This role would suit someone who has the ability to work calmly and professionally in a fast-paced kitchen, whilst mentoring and coaching a diverse team. This role also requires someone who is able to work in a sensitive and supportive way with people from vulnerable backgrounds.
- Develop and implement menus that deliver exceptional quality, maximise seasonal produce and incorporate donated recipes along with Two Good specials.
- Manage the kitchen team in production scheduling, ordering of produce & packaging, delivery of catering orders and shelter meal donations.
- Mentor employment pathway participants under the guidance of the Program Manager to undertake the required on-the-job activities and programmatic tasks which enables them to demonstrate development of core skills and employable qualities.
- Manage and coordinate the Corporate Team Building groups in the kitchen.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Storyteller to produce promotional, product and marketing content
- Remain at the forefront of market trends and represent Two Good through networking, liaison with suppliers and primary producers.
- Maintain the Two Good culture and values throughout the kitchen by communicating effectively as a workplace leader, developing positive work relationships and mentoring employment pathway participants.
- Leadership experience with extensive culinary skills.
- Previous experience in catering and food production is highly desirable
- Confidence and ability to showcase and be the face of Two Good’s food operations
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills
- Compassion and an ability to work in a sensitive environment with diverse groups of people
- Experience in staff supervision, training and rostering
- Competent understanding and implementation of professional boundaries when managing vulnerable people
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise
- Willingness to be hands-on in food production and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours including a mix of weekdays, weekends, and evenings from occasionally as required.
- Minimum 5 years kitchen experience
- Must have a current Food Safety Supervisor certificate