Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
To undertake the ordering, preparation and service of nutritious quality food to participants of the Mt Isa Recovery Services within specified timeframes and in line with the values and ethos of The Salvation Army. Ensuring food is handled and prepared in line with Australian Food Safety Standards, TSA policies and procedures and government regulations. Some supervision of participants assisting with food preparation and cleaning of the kitchen.
Meal Planning & Cooking:
- Coordinate the planning, preparation and oversee the cooking of nutritional quality food to participants of the centre within required timeframes and in line with approved menu and budget. Supervise residents while undertaking Kitchen duties as part of their recovery program
- Develop Menu plans for the approval of the manager
- Demonstrate commitment to build an inclusive and culturally-respectful environment that values continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high quality services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their families
Hygiene / Cleaning:
- Coordinate and ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen and dining areas ensuring food is handled and prepared in line with Australian Food Safety Standards, TSA policies and procedures and government regulations
- Manage the ordering of catering supplies in line with budget restraints and TSA policy and procedures with the approval of the Manager
- Ensure catering areas are maintained and issues resolved in line with TSA policies and procedures
- Minimum 12 months experience in meal preparation and cooking in a commercial kitchen
- Knowledge and experience of safe food handling requirements
- Experience and desire to work respectfully with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in a collaborative manner
- WHS - knowledge of work health safety obligations and to practice these in the workplace in line with TSA policy & procedures and legislation
Qualifications & Mandatory Requirements:
- Trade qualifications in commercial cookery or equivalent or willingness to acquire qualifications
- Professional development required to maintain skills for the role
- Mandatory National Police Check
- Current Driver's licence
- Willingness and ability to work shifts across the week - Monday to Sunday
- Working with Children Check (QLD Blue Card) or ability to obtain
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
If you require further information about the role, please contact Kaye Smith on 07 4749 2553.