We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values to join our team at Warringah Place Retirement Village, Collaroy Campus. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply.
About the Role
In the role of Care Service Employee you will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and be responsible for the delivery of personal care and assistance to meet individual needs. The role is to deliver homely and loving environments by providing care with compassion, respect, integrity and dignity.
- You will also serve Morning and Afternoon Teas and preheated lunch and dinner
- You will provide occasional Administration Relief. This involves answering telephone calls, customer queries, takes messages and liaising with contractors.
- Play a key role in delivering our award winning model of care and make a real difference to residents' quality of life.
- We currently have a casual vacancy for an energetic individual, who is committed to providing excellence in care and the best possible quality of life to our residents.
We are looking for candidates with:
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army
- Certificate III in Aged Care Work
- Demonstrated knowledge in the care needs of the older person
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- An understanding of and commitment to correct Manual Handling techniques and equipment
- An understanding of and commitment to Infection Control guidelines
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer and documentation skills
- Proven ability to appreciate and recognise the need to appropriately maintain confidentiality.
- Must have respect for residents' privacy, dignity and choice
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits (save on tax)
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Employee assistance program