- Permanent, part-time - 32hours per week (4 days)
- Service hours are from 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Based at Ozanam Learning Centre, Woolloomooloo NSW
- SCHCADS Award, Level 4, hourly rates (from Dec 2020) range from $35.03 to $37.90 depending on qualifications and experience
Be a part of a community development team working collaboratively to improve the wellbeing and inclusion of all people and help build a thriving learning environment that provides meaningful opportunities for the people engaging with the Ozanam Learning Centre.
What we do:
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society's mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a 'hands up' approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the service:
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator role is part of the Community Inclusion team that is within the Vinnies Services directorate. The Community Inclusion team is responsible for state-wide management of excellent community inclusion services, including disability services.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for managing the recruitment, screening and training of volunteers for activities and programs facilitated by the community development team. The role will:
- Proactively manage the recruitment and on boarding of volunteers as per the Society's policies and procedure
- Develop a recruitment strategy to meet the needs of CALD communities and young people
- Manage the advertising and promotion of Community Development volunteer roles using online platforms, paper based media and networks
- Develop and manage a volunteer recognition program
- Coordinate opportunities for volunteers to provide feedback and contribute to program development
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all aspects of volunteer recruitment including the volunteer database
- Prepare the monthly email newsletter for volunteers
- Participate in Society Volunteer Management Working Groups and ensure practices adhere and are consistent with the Society's Volunteer Management Strategy
- Ensure that volunteers complete relevant pre-engagement checks (National Criminal History check, and where required Working With Children Check); act in accordance with the organisation's Code of Conduct and Member and Volunteer Charter; and comply with the organisation's Workplace Health and Safety program.
The role will report to the Team Leader - Community Participation. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or experience in volunteer coordination
- Experience in personnel management
- Understanding of legislation, principles and best practice of volunteer management
- Strong project management, organisation and planning skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and to work cooperatively with diverse internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with marketing and promotions in order to engage specific target groups, including website development and event coordination
- Technical experience with databases, Excel, and user support. Ability to input data with attention to detail and accuracy, and to analyse datasets and create statistical reports
- Demonstrated skills and experience facilitating training sessions
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Maria Attard by email email@example.com , quoting Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (Woolloomooloo)/ VIN1759 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.