Safe Places is a young, dynamic organisation providing specialist residential accommodation for children and young people with high support needs.
Safe Places currently has vacancies for Experienced Residential Youth Support Workers within Brisbane, North Coast (North Brisbane to Caboolture) South East (Logan to Gold Coast), Ipswich, Toowoomba, Cairns, Townsville, Perth, Bunbury, Sydney, Northern New South Wales, Adelaide and Melbourne.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career within a well-established, not-for-profit organisation.
- Salary range: $58,000 - $69,999
- Salary Packaging
- Annual Bonus
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per annum
- Career pathways towards Senior Youth Worker roles and Management Roles
- 3 weeks of paid induction training that includes; YW Induction Training, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training (TCI) accredited by Cornell University, WHS Training, Cultural Awareness Training, Shadow Shifts and Trauma and Attachment Training
- Ongoing commitment to the training and professional development of employees
- Monthly supervision with supervisor, access to 24 hour on-call and free external counselling service offered to all employees.
- Ongoing Social Events
- Friendly and supportive work place
Roles and Duties:
- Provide day to day care
- Sleep over shifts
- Maintain the home environment
- Manage challenging behaviours
- Provide practical & emotional support
- Report on web-based systems
- Liaise with stakeholders
- Take initiative and be creative
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Experience working with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression
- Computer Literate and the ability to complete all reports via Safe Places Web Based Systems
- Resilience, Maturity, Patience and Confidence are attributes necessary to successfully undertake this role
- Ability to do shift work (approx. 5 shifts a fortnight for full time staff) including sleepovers
- Have a full Australian Drivers Licence
- Problem Solving, Crisis Management and Excellent Communication Skills are necessary
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Child Protection knowledge
- Qualifications in Youth Work, Community Services, Disability or a related field.
- Experience working with Indigenous young people and young people with disabilities highly desirable.
Applicants must be willing to undergo relevant state based checks if not already held.
Review the position description on the employment tab of the Safe Places website at http://www.safeplaces.com.au/employment/.