The position available is:
- Closed-term full-time (1-year duration, with the potential for extension)
- Monday to Friday
- Based across our Seven Hills and Penrith offices
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
About the Opportunity
The Employment Coordinator will act as an expert resource to local Mental Health teams by providing support to local staff in the delivery of the DES program. You will assist sites in achieving DES targets by working as part of the Mental Health team.
As an Employment Coordinator you will:
- Ensure that jobseeker intake, initial appointments and interviews are carried out at all sites in accordance with the DES program guidelines.
- Support local site teams in assessing referred jobseekers according to their skills, vocational preferences and barriers to employment.
- Engage local businesses and employers to source and create job vacancies for Flourish Australia’s jobseekers.
- Provide support, mentoring and other assistance to ensure the sustainability of jobseeker employment placements and track all placements to maximise Employment Outcomes.
- Experience within the Disability Employment Service industry.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proof of customer service experience with demonstrable facilitation, presentation, mentoring and training skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue
- Qualifications in training and assessment, employment services or related fields
- Emerging knowledge of the local are and its health services and other community services
For further information, please contact Julie Duong, DES Program Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Employment Consultant - Western Sydney enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications)
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented further flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
- Attractive salary starting at $74,000 per annum + performance-based bonuses
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading + 2 additional days of personal leave + access to accrued days off (ADOs) + extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Opportunities for professional development and training
A position description is attached.