Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters more now than ever before.
Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
Your new role:
You will support Aboriginal families who have separated as they navigate the family law system from intake through to the successful resolution of their matters.
You will work alongside a Mediator or Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner who leads the negotiation on parenting and property matters. Throughout this process, you will ensure the cultural safety of your clients and refer to relevant services as required.
- 12 month part-time contract - 3-4 days position
- Working across Blacktown and Penrith
- $37.78 - $42.22 p/h + super + salary packaging – depending on experience
- Newly created position due to client demand
This is an identified position only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
You will have:
- Experience providing casework to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Understanding of family dynamics and the impacts of conflict, DV, addiction, mental health and other complexities
- Ability to yarn with everyone, being respectful of other’s beliefs and adapting your approach to the person/group
- Have capacity to attend court to support clients
Why this opportunity?
- Ensure Aboriginal families are supported as they navigate life after separating
- Be part of Mariyang Malang staff network and connect with peers across the org
- We have recently created a number of identified positions to increase our support of the Aboriginal community and promote cultural safety in the delivery of our service
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional annual leave, weekly wellness alerts and fitness passport
If you’re ready for your next challenge, apply online today as we will be interviewing shortly.