- Maternity Leave Position (12 months)
The Community Lawyer/Advocate assists vulnerable and disadvantaged Victorians to identify and resolve their tenancy issues through the delivery of high quality advice, casework and advocacy services. The Community Lawyer/Advocate will provide duty lawyer/advocacy services in the Residential Tenancies List of the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
You will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as law, housing, community services, community development, or social work.
- Highly developed advocacy skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential tenancies legislation and understanding of the housing and homelessness sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in, or demonstrates capacity to undertake, direct service delivery, including provision of information, advice and referral services, negotiation and advocacy on behalf of clients, representation of clients in formal settings.
A full Position Description is attached below.