- Are you passionate about keeping women and children safe?
- Are you keen to be part of working towards creating sustainable social change within family violence?
About the role
We have an opportunity for a senior manager with the interest, skills and knowledge to lead our work in building relationships and influence in the family violence sector. You will lead the development of practice materials and tools and provide guidance to our funding and partnerships team.
The incumbent plays a critical part in developing and managing partnerships with services, external stakeholders and government with a particular focus and commitment to rural and regional communities
You will be located in Melbourne, working with a small but dedicated team.
About the organisation
This role would give you the chance to work with a peak body which has been around for 25 years and works with men who use family violence. The organisation specialises in effective evidence-based engagement of men and challenging their beliefs, attitudes, behavior and choices. This has enabled the organisation to develop standards, programs, practices and training and to lead policy development to influence national perspectives. Their work takes courage and commitment, and it takes courage from our community to recognise that working with the men who use family violence is a critical step in ending the harm their behaviour causes.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Public or Social Policy, Advocacy, or similar/equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in sector and practice development, gained largely from working within complex and issues with rich external stakeholder environments;
- A demonstrated track record of work and understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the need for appropriate responses through working with men
- An empowering leadership style and experience in leading and effectively managing teams during times of change
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills, with the proven ability to take a strategic view and align initiatives with that view.
- Knowledge and experience of providing specialist practitioner services within the family violence field including perpetrator engagement, trauma impacts on adult and children and significant operational knowledge of the community sector.
- Well- developed influence skills
- Demonstrated understanding of budgets and reporting
Right to live and work within Australia essential as no sponsorship is offered.
A competitive base salary + Salary Packaging, Mobile phone & Laptop for the right person based on qualifications & experience. Bonus leave between Christmas and New Year, plus additional leave available if needed.
A full Position Description is attached below.