This is a designated role for people with a lived experience of alcohol and other drugs treatment. If you have experience of treatment services and can apply the principles of consumer participation in practice, we would like to hear from you. We are also looking for someone with experience in project management or quality improvement initiatives, as well as the capacity to support implementation of consumer engagement initiatives in practice. The successful candidate for this position will have good organisational and administrative skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience as a consumer of alcohol and other drugs treatment services
- Experience in project management and/or quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with consumers, NADA members and a range of stakeholders in a friendly and professional manner, and sustain working relationships
- Understanding of the alcohol and other drugs (or broader community services) sector, and factors that may influence consumer engagement, service delivery, operations and capacity development Capacity to contribute to advice, policy submissions, presentations, reports and general communication
- Clear, structured and focused written and verbal communication skills, including strong computer skills
- Relevant qualifications and/or professional experience as a consumer representative, or consumer project role, in the alcohol and other drugs, or mental health/related sector/s.
A full Position Description is attached below.