About the role:
The Finance Officer is responsible for accounts payable and receivable functions and for supporting the finance team.
- Generate accurate purchase orders ensuring that expenditure is approved by the appropriate delegation of authority and consistent with current NACCHO procurement policies and procedures.
- Accurate processing of accounts payable, including grant payments as required.
- Accurate processing of accounts receivable.
- General administration including filing.
- Undertake project work as requested within incumbent’s skills range.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Finance Manager and Finance Manager as required.
- Other duties as required.
This is a part time position for 20 hours per week. This position would suit an individual seeking work during school hours.
Type of person NACCHO is seeking:
NACCHO is seeking a motivated individual who has:
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and adaptability, including flexibility to respond appropriately and provide advice in an evolving environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Proficient with the use of MS Office with a strong level of proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient with the use of Xero or a similar accounting system.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Good understanding of GST requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Check.
Enquiries regarding this position are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Finance Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.