About these roles:
The Team Leader provides direction and leadership to Support Workers in the delivery of supported accommodation, short-term accommodation, day service and client participation program to persons with a disability. Units where a team leader may work include supported independent living, day service, community participation program or short term accommodation. The role will require you to ensure the houses are compliant with NDIS Safe Guard Commission Standards and the NDIS Code of Conduct.
The Disability Services Team leader is directly accountable for:
- Manages the day to day operations of the service type; residential setting, community group home, day service or short-term accommodation
- Supervises, supports and develops team members to provide services at best practice standard.
- Provides direct support for persons with a disability.
- Manages day to day team rostering, establishment, leave and payroll requirements within a budget
- Participates in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of unit budgets.
- Controls work health and safety risks for staff, residents and visitors at the units(s) or services for which they are responsible.
- Undertakes administrative responsibilities associated with the role, including those associated with quality improvement and monitoring.
- Actively works with stakeholder to implement NDIS plans
- Ensures compliance with NDIS commission
- Ensure standards of RPA are met
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within a disability setting supported by the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission framework along with the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Communication and interpersonal skills for influencing, engaging and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels on matters affecting the delivery of supported accommodation and respite services, as well as for team management and writing reports.
- Management skills, including team management to ensure appropriate supervision of staff individually and the development of the team.
- Managing the daily finances of the unit(s)/service type in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Conflict management and supervision skills
- Experience in managing complex behaviours of concern
- You hold a certificate IV in Disability, Certificate IV in Leadership / Management or equivalent to.
- You hold a current NSW drivers licence, valid police check and rights to work in Australia
- Understanding of and commitment to meet the McCall Gardens requirements in terms of employment equity and diversity, WH&S, ethical practice and the Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- A current Driver’s license
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one, or willingness to obtain one at own cost
- National Criminal history check clearance, or willingness to obtain one at own cost
- Available and willing to work weekdays, weekends, public holidays, morning, evening and sleep over shifts