- Work with a passionate and supportive team
- Permanent Contracts with ongoing development opportunities
- Flexibility including remote working opportunities
- Be part of a rewarding national program that for the first time since inception has partnered with our Aboriginal Community Controlled
- Organisation so that remote-based First Nations voices are visible in direct service delivery
- $85,000 - $90,000 plus shift penalties (full time and part-time available)
- Salary Sacrifice available
This is an exciting time to join Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre as we expand our service in delivering the specialist counselling 1800RESPECT program across the country!
We are recruiting for several Specialist Counsellor roles based in Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) and New South Wales (Sydney and surrounding areas) with full-time and part-time positions available. Training will commence in June for a 1 July 2022 commencement.
About the Role
The Specialist Counsellor works as part of the national 1800RESPECT telephone counselling service 24/7 providing highly specialised trauma counselling services to those whose lives have been impacted by domestic and family, sexual assault, and/or workplace sexual harassment. Specifically the role will:
- Provide single session specialist therapeutic counselling support, psycho education, referrals, and support for callers with complex needs
- Some roles will also provide short term on-going support for clients with more complex needs
- Establish caller safety, building rapport and identifying best pathways for support
- Work within a new national framework based on knowledge of best practice principles At times will be required to support the First Responder teams by answering calls and chats and providing information, referral and other support
What we’re looking for
It is essential that you have:
- A tertiary degree (of minimum 3 years duration) in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years specialist counselling experience including support for people impacted by DFV and SA (telephone counselling advantageous)
- Eligible for professional membership of any of the following governing bodies – ACA, PACFA, AASW or AHPRA
Interest in working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation as partners in delivering this national counselling service.
- Due to the specialist nature of the work and services we provide, It is a genuine requirement of this position that it be filled by a woman as permitted in sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti- Discrimination Act 1991.
- Solid IT skills to work across phone and on-line chat platforms Up to date with COVID-19 Vaccinations
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks, including a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, referee checks, proof of eligibility to work in Australia and proof that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations.
Why join Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre
- Engage in two-way learning opportunities that expand your knowledge of working for a remote-based, community-controlled organisation
- Opportunity to join our team working on the ground in Fitzroy Crossing for a cultural immersion experience on completion of your probation period
- Above Award conditions including paid parental leave; additional leave provisions; improved penalty rates and more generous long service leave provisions
- Family friendly workplace
- Flexible work practices including remote working options
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Competitive salary and benefits including generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs available
- Opportunity for ongoing professional development
Interested? Apply online today!
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button now!
If you would like more information about the position, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Specialist Counsellors 1800RESPECT - Perth enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone Kathy Whiting on (0402 365 036). We reserve the right to consider applications prior to close off period and encourage all applicants to not delay in applying. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of applying.
Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.