Loddon Campaspe Multicultural Services (Multicultural Services) is a leading independent organisation that helps people from migrant and refugee backgrounds build positive lives in regional Victoria. Multicultural Services is a membership-based organisation and the peak body for refugee and migrant groups in Central Victoria. By focusing on people’s strengths we are able to develop stronger communities, support other service providers and influence decision makers at local, state and national levels.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organisation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organisational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organisation’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Lead, motivate, and support a team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent service.
- Collation of results and preparation of programmatic reports.
- Supervision of direct reports.
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the proprietary tools and systems.
- Work within legal and safety requirements to make sure activities remain compliant.
- Oversee materials and inventory management.
- Write grant proposals and grant reports.
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to CEO.
- Assist the CEO with implementation of the strategic plan.
- Act as the Acting CEO in the CEO’s absence.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, a community sector discipline, business administration, or related field.
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a management position.
- Experience managing staff.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of branch operations and customer service.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- High degree of communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound cross-cultural skills.
- From a culturally and linguistically diverse background (but not essential).
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Satisfactory Police check on a yearly basis or as requested by Multicultural Services.
- A current working with children’s check.
- A current driver’s licence and access to own vehicle during work hours.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH MULTICULTURAL SERVICES
In addition to being part of an organisation that makes a truly positive impact on people’s lives, you will also have access to:
- Salary packaging, which significantly increases take home pay.
- Family friendly workplace with flexible work arrangements.
- Positive workplace culture and supportive team environment.
- A richly diverse team of staff and volunteers from all around the globe.
- A dynamic and flexible organisation with minimal hierarchy.
- Access to learning & development initiatives.
- Community focused staff with a shared passion for improving opportunities for migrants and refugees.