- Level 2, $33.56 per hour
Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a community-based organisation that is committed to strengthening individual, family and community life. The organisation is based in Runcorn, however, shifts could be located on the south side of Brisbane including Bayside, Ipswich and Western Suburbs.
We are currently seeking a supportive, reliable, creative and dedicated female support worker to support two separate gentlemen in a one-on-one capacity based in Springfield and Wacol. The Springfield shifts would be on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30am to 9:30am, plus backup as required, for in-home/personal care. The Wacol shifts are Monday to Friday, three hours per day involving community access. Experience with positive behaviour support and epilepsy training is essential.
Other shifts with Kyabra may be available to work alongside community members who have a range of differing needs, including people with a disability, mental health concern and children in care.
- Certificate III in Individual Support/ Disability Support (students studying in a relevant degree such as Human Services, Allied Health, Nursing, Exercise/Sports Science or Social Work may be considered)
- Positive Behaviour Support and Epilepsy training
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Roadworthy/registered vehicle and willingness to use to transport participants
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (we can assist you to apply)
- LCS2 -Working with Children in care (we can assist you to apply)
- First Aid and CPR is mandatory prior to commencing work
What we are seeking in our Support Workers:
- Fantastic dedicated individuals committed to the best outcomes for the people they support
- Flexibility and the ability to work afternoons and weekends
- Ability to promote independence and choice
- Commitment to social justice
- Experience in working with people with a disability particularly with complex situations/needs
- Willingness to provide assistance with personal care, light domestic duties and meal preparation
- Experience working with people with complex behaviour
- This is a great position for students to gain on the job, real world practical experience
Why work for Kyabra?
- Above award wages (Kyabra Enterprise Agreement 2012 Level 2) - $33.56 per hour
- Family friendly work environment
- A range of practice and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity to progress to permanent part-time employment
- Flexible work hours
- A variety of interesting shifts where no day is the same
- Paid induction training – induction is paid at the end of your probation period
- Potential to access salary sacrifice
If you love being challenged and seek a personally fulfilling role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others, then this may be the job for you.
For more information, refer to the attached position description.