- Position Status: Part-time, 0.8 Full Time Equivalent (31.4 hours per week)
- Contract Expiry: 31 October 2022
- Location: Darwin. Applicants in other NT locations may also apply. Remote working from home (excellent internet connection required) or local office. Territory-wide and interstate travel may be required
- Level 5, Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award
About Inclusion Australia (NCID)
Inclusion Australia is a national Disability Representative Organisation representing the rights and interests of Australians with intellectual disability and their families.
Inclusion Australia undertakes systemic advocacy, project, information and communication activities that advance the rights and interests of people with intellectual disability.
To coordinate the Your Service, Your Rights project and assist with the rollout of Inclusion Australia’s national projects in the Northern Territory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate delivery of the national rollout of the Your Service, Your Rights project in line with the project plan
- Support people with intellectual disability to perform in Peer Worker roles, including preparation for and participation in meetings, workshops and training
- Work with a national network of people with intellectual disability and key project partners to review and develop project materials, workshops and training
- Assist with project monitoring, reporting and administrative requirements
- Work together with peer workers to facilitate monthly consultation groups towards Inclusive Practice project and send feedback to the national team
- Establish and support a self-advocacy network for people with intellectual disability in the Northern Territory
- Support participation of people with intellectual disability and families in IA’s work
- Travel to other states and territories when needed
Selection Criteria – Qualifications, skills & experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the human rights of people with intellectual disability including the right to participate and be included
- An understand the social model of disability, and how to work in ways that are person-centred and based on people’s strengths
- Experience in or tertiary qualifications relevant to the development of projects with people with intellectual disability
- Experience facilitating groups with people with intellectual disability
- Excellent time management, and interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player and independently
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office (especially Teams)
- Current drivers licence preferred
- Experience writing in plain language and Easy Read formats is highly regarded
- Personal or family experience of disability is highly regarded
We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ+ and people from diverse cultural backgrounds to apply.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Project Coordinator NT enquiry via EthicalJobs and advise us of your preferred method of communication.
The successful applicant is required to complete reference and background checking prior to employment, including a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
A position description is attached.